Leadership Insurance is the Carolinas’ only regional leadership development initiative specific to the insurance technology and services industry. Presented by iTs|SC with the intent of developing Columbia’s next generation of industry leaders, Leadership Insurance is an 8-part course through which companies’ rising stars can connect, collaborate, learn and grow.
The course includes 8 classes designed to expand participants’ knowledge of all facets of the industry – from underwriting to next-generation technologies to capital – while providing access to leading experts and relationship-building networking sessions. In addition, all graduates earn continuing education credits from Midlands Technical College.
Who is the Ideal Leadership Insurance Participant?
Applicants can come from any area of the industry, from IT to sales – this course is designed to provide a deeper, 360° understanding of the industry. Ideally, applicants will have 3 to 15 years of industry experience and be identified by their peers and supervisors as a leader of tomorrow or as a superior leader in their current role. An ideal candidate will also be active in their community and dedicated to maximizing Columbia’s potential, and is looking to grow and be trained as a leader.
• Gain greater knowledge across the insurance technology and services industry
• Build lasting relationships with other individuals in the local insurance industry, increasing the size of your personal and professional network
• Enhance leadership skills as you prepare for the next step in your career
• Display your unique abilities and give back to the community through group project completion
• Get on-site, behind-the-scenes looks at other companies and offices
• Become an advocate for Columbia as the nation’s top destination for insurance companies to do business and for talented innovators to work
• Deepens internal talent pool by engaging high-potential employees and exposing them to a broad variety of insurance and technology-related topics
• Facilitates education on both sides of the industry – technology professionals enhance their insurance knowledge, while insurance professionals gain a deeper understanding of technological aspects
• Promotes benchmarking and healthy competition across organizations in the region
Leadership Insurance 2018
Leadership Insurance 2018 will begin in March and conclude in October of 2018. Classes are held at a different location each month, providing participants with the opportunity to gain greater familiarity with some of Columbia’s 60+ insurance technology and services companies. Classes are generally held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Additional networking and supplemental events are scheduled intermittently throughout the course.
For any questions, please email Will Schenk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants from iTs|SC member companies: $1,900
Two or more participants from the same company: $1,400 each
Participants from non-member companies: $2,300
Two or more participants from the same company: $1,900 each
Faculty and staff from education and nonprofit partners: $1,000
***An early-bird discount of 10% is offered for applications received by 5:00pm on Friday, February 23, 2018***
Regular application deadline: March 2, 2018
“This program opened my eyes to the width and breadth of the Insurance Technology industry in the Midlands. I was previously unaware of the many companies dedicated to the delivery of insurance products and services here in Columbia. Leadership Insurance allowed me to not only grow my industry knowledge, but it also provided me invaluable leadership tools that I will continue to use for the rest of my career. – Beth Ruffin, Manager, Service Desk, Enrollment Solutions at Colonial Life
“The Leadership Insurance Program certainly helped participants develop broader business acumen related to the insurance industry, relevant technology, and emerging trends. However, the real benefit was the opportunity to meet and engage with like-minded professionals in the greater Midlands. If you are interested in learning about the insurance and technology industry, engaging in leadership development, and expanding your professional network, I would recommend considering this program.” – Amir Abdullah, Director, Sales Compensation Design & Planning at Colonial Life
“Leadership Insurance provided me with an unparalleled opportunity to meet and interact with leading insurance professionals in the Midlands. The program was a great platform within which to be exposed to the thriving insurance industry of the Columbia area. I would highly recommended the program.” – Jason Lockhart, Attorney at MGC Insurance Defense